VGA2SCART with case update (14/Feb/2021): New 3D printed enclosure released. Latest case is higher quality and much more sturdy/durable in comparison to the previous design!
- Approx. Dimensions = 81 mm x 63 mm.
- Connector A = VGA D-SUB 15 + x 2 RCA Stereo audio input, Connector B = Female EuroSCART output.
Examples of use:
- Connect a MiSTer FPGA device to your consumer TV which only accepts SCART.
- Connect Dreamcast 480p VGA to compatible SCART equipment.
- Connect your PC to a SCART only TV (provided your SCART TV can display the resolution being output from your TV).
- Converting HDMI “super-resolution” 240p from HDMI to VGA. CPSHDMI & Raspberry Pi can be set to 240p, then along with a cheap DAC and this converter, you can get the signal on your SCART monitor/TV.
The VGA2SCART not a downscaler, but a sync converter. It will NOT downscale 480p to 480i/240p. The device is used to convert RGBHV to RGBs.
The board gets power from VGA pin 9, please ensure your input device outputs +5V on pin 9.
The SCART connector does not output blanking/switching voltage which is required for most consumer CRT TVs. This is not needed for professional video monitors, consumer TVs with “force RGB” in menu/service menu or TVs modded for RGB SCART which should already have blanking pulled to 5V to force RGB.
The SCART connector is EuroSCART and not JP21.
Assembly & case design by Retro Upgrades, shout out to RetroTINK for the board!